Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung (RLS) is a left oriented, non-profit organization that offers political education and acts as a center for discussion of progressive social thinking and research. RLS is associated with Germany’s “Die Linke” (Left Party) and has its headquarters in Berlin (Germany). Together with partner organizations RLS develops projects which contribute to social justice, democratization and the empowerment of marginalized groups. RLS Southeast Europe has its office in Belgrade and coordinates its work in Albania, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Macedonia, Montenegro, Kosovo, Serbia, Slovenia and Romania. For further information about RLS see www.rosalux.de and www.rosalux.rs.
Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung Southeast Europe (RLS SEE) is looking for a
PROJECT MANAGER & POLITICAL ANALYST
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Coordination of existing projects and conceptualization and development of new projects and collaborations, particularly in the field of socio-economic & labor issues, labor organizing and trade-unionism
- Communication with partner organizations and project administration of partner projects
- Conceptualizing, planning and realizing conferences, workshops, lectures etc.
- Research and writing of analyses on political issues, in particular with regard to labor rights, organizing and trade-unionism.
- Master degree in social sciences, sociology, political science, history or other equivalent university degree
- Experience in work in left oriented political education, political activism and project management
- Good understanding of left-wing politics and knowledge about the political landscape in Southeast Europe particularly in regard to left actors
- Identification with the general political aims of Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung
- Excellent knowledge of Serbian/Croatian/Bosnian and English, additional knowledge of German language is an advantage
- Computer skills
- Driving license
We are looking for a person that shows good communication skills as well as the ability to work well with others as a team member and in communication with our partners. The person should show self-organization and planning skills, as well as the ability to act and think independently.
Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung SEE supports equal employment opportunities and actively encourages applications from women.
Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung offers a full-time contract for one year with the possibility of extension. Pay and benefits are comparable to other international non-governmental organizations. The planned starting date will be 1 April 2017.
Please send your application (including motivation letter & CV in English, as well as recommendation letters/references) via email to email@example.com until 22 January 2017. Selected candidates will be called for an interview that will take place between 13-24 February 2017.